Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Great Stuff (must read story BEFORE looking at picture)

I (Susan) have taken to living out of my suitcase this summer. By the end of next week's staff retreat I will have been away from home 27 nights since the beginning of June! Our trip to Arizona, college visits, women's conference, pastors' meetings, etc. You needed to know that to enjoy this story.


One day last week Brian left me a note saying this: "There is some great stuff in the shed. Please get it and bring it to the office before you come to work. Love, B."


I'm thinking -Wow! Great Stuff!? What could that be? We have been away so much and as a result haven't spent a lot of time together. But why would he put something in the shed? Maybe it's a cool surprise and he didn't want me to see it so he put it in the shed. Maybe he asked me to bring it to the office because he wanted to make sure I found it before I left home. So I get ready and walk out to the backyard. On the way, I'm thinking to myself - maybe it's flowers, or chocolate, or a gift card, or who knows!


Imagine my surprise when I open the door to find this:

No comments: