Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday May 18

Our service today at church was about "Growing Great Families." Joshua got to sing on the big stage with his class! They helped lead the worship time with 3 songs. They loved it! One of the songs has a long guitar solo & the kids always like to play their "air guitars" so we let a few bring their guitars from the Guitar Hero game and pretend to play them at that part. One of Joshua's friends, Connor, really got into his part!

Then Susan spoke about "relating to your kids." Sorry Mom & Dad that I didn't tell you that I was preaching! If you had been there, I would have been even more nervous so I decided to tell you after the fact. :) You can log onto PCC's website and listen to it. It should be posted there in the next few days. http://www.powhatancommunitychurch.org/sermons.php

One of the PCC kids, Jessie, performed a solo of a song that she wrote and Beth (our worship pastor) put music to. They were great! I was so proud of her. She has been in our children's ministry for the past couple of years. I thought she was the shy, silent type, but she has really blossomed having starred in a few Christmas plays as well as a part of a few singing groups. And Jessie is only 12 years old!

No comments: